Re: Importing tagged photos does not assign tags to photos!

On On, 2006-07-05, 17:08, Dotan Cohen skrev:

> Allright, I built F-spot with the latest patch, and it does work! All
> the photos have tags.

Great news :)

> My last issue is work out on my way to happily presenting the wife
> with a working photo manager is converting the tags from their unusual
> encoding to Hebrew. I installed sqlite, sqlite3 and sqlitebrowser with
> the intention of working directly on the tags in photos.db but I've no
> luck. I'm not sure if this list is the right place to ask about SQL
> queries, so I'll subscribe to the sqlite list (assuming there is one)
> if I can't ask here.
>
> What is the SQL command for converting all instances of "needle" to
> "new_needle"? I specifically need to work on a letter-to-letter basis,
> changing for instance the character string
> "\u05D0\u05D1\u05D2\u05D3\u05D4" to "abcde" (well, the Hebrew
> equivelent of abcde).

Could you also send a link to a photo with Hebrew tags?

perhaps check this site for some sample.
http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/gettingstarted/sqlite.html
In particular
sqlite> update testtable set col2=0 where col1='hi';

with other words
sqlite> update TAGNAME_DB set NAME='new_name' where NAME='name';
Dont have f-spot at hand, so you will have to change database, and column
name.

you can also check http://www.sqlite.org/lang_update.html