Re: Importing tagged photos does not assign tags to photos!

On On, 2006-07-05, 20:13, Dotan Cohen skrev:
> and open it for editing in Kate. But interestingly, in Kate the file
> needs no editing- the tags are already in Hebrew. I don't find this as
> being good news, however, because I don't know where to continue on
> from here, now. Now, I really feel stuck.

Ouch, ...
Then again, it looks like F-Spot (with the patch) imported your tags
correctly, with the right character encodings and all.
And that the SQLite database contains the correct Hebrew tags.

Hopefully it is just something in F-Spot that reads the tag names with
wrong character set, and/or displays them with wrong.
Hopefully someone can verify this. I do not have easy access to
F-spot/Linux for the moment (or days...) unfortunately.

Should be easy to verify,
1) CVS checkout of F-Spot
2) Apply http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=68339&action=view
3) Compile
4) Import http://dotancohen.com/with_hebrew.jpg
5) Check the tag names in F-Spot
6) Check the tag names in SQLite

This could be a new bug perhaps?

How is F-Spot handling a new Hebrew tag which you apply to a photo already
in F-Spot then? Does it display correctly? Do the SQLite database look the
same for this newly created tag, vs one of the just imported tags?

/Bengt