Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

I do have the skills to drive a mailman list from an infrastructure point of view including all the mta, spam etc. stuff with postfix & co, DNS etc. pp.

We would need a maildomain + some hosting provider and now here it gets interesting - at least it is much less than the group.io prices written here per month, e.g. if you look at the virtual servers from hetzner.de for e.g. a cx21 it's about 6,37€ per month + storage box backup place + the domain costs which are e.g. for a .de domain about 12€ per year, .org about 16€ and we would have no limitations from users etc - only the resources of the host are of cause the limit ;-).

So we could move to something driven by the community itself including the costs or we move like Milan said maybe to freedesktop lists infra if we can ...

The problem is we do only have a few days left to discuss that and to analyze what most members and the devs itself prefer here including for example to provide a prototype of alternatives to test and vote against or in favour - really a bad move to not communicate that earlier on this list itself but somewhere else where no one of the nearly 950 subscribers are subscribed too to read that ... :-/.

Just my 2 cents about that.

Torsten