Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On 10/21/22 11:50, Brewster Gillett wrote:
 Jaroslaw Rafa via evolution-list wrote:
A quick and simple question: who is in position to decide to move this list
to another mailing list, hosted elsewhere? There have been already a few
propositions on this list for an alternative. Who is the "owner" of this
list who can decide about the move?
bg:

Excellent question. I'll toss out this possibility:

<https://groups.io/>

We're using groups.io for a couple of the Mensa discussion lists I'm on.
Mostly indistinguishable from good ol' mailman. Don't know if there's
a cost involved, but I would be willing to contribute if we move there.

Groups.io is interesting but also there are a few concerning things

The free level only allows up to 100 members -- how many folks are in
the current list?

All levels have restrictions on archive size:  1GB, 30GB, 1TB.  Anyone
know how big, size wise, the archives are?

It appears to be possible that the archives could, with some rules and
volunteer help, be converted into a Wiki or move into some other integrated
service (would need to get the complete list of integrations to see).

Hashtags might be useful to avoid subgroups ( user, dev, bugs, help etc ).

For those that still use RSS, there is an email to RSS feed.

Monthly pricing or Year in advance ( 12 months for the price of 11 )

Groups.io:

Free level

Unlimited messages
Up to 100 members
Advanced moderation features
1GB attachment storage

Premium level -  $0.04/member per month with a $20/month minimum

Everything in Free, plus:

Direct add members
Customizable profiles and member data
Unlimited subgroups
Calendar
Files section
Photo albums
Real-time chat
Wiki
Structured databases
Polls
Accept donations from members
30GB storage space

Enterprise level -  $0.20/member per month with a $200/month minimum

Everything in Premium, plus:

Your own branding
Your own domain
Single sign on, via Auth0 (others by request)
Customizable home page
1TB storage space