Re: [Evolution] Have I pushed Evolution beyond where it is designed to go?

On Tue, 2022-11-08 at 16:57 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
I simply urge people to not take these "it's horrible" statements,
without any reference to actual problems that anyone has ever had in
real life and very little understanding of what exactly a flatpak or
snap is, how they are built, or how they work, as gospel.

Hi,

in 2016 I tried to build a snap for qjackctl, hence a real-time sound
server and real-time audio apps using this sound server were involved.
This time I was subscribed to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/snapcraft , in the meantime
replaced by https://forum.snapcraft.io ;). Nowadays probably some of the
old issues are solved, however, apart from security concerns, the snap
infrastructure is inappropriate for a lot of domains, while the classic
packages or ports approach is appropriate for all domains.

Regards,
Ralf