Re: [Evolution] Have I pushed Evolution beyond where it is designedto go?

Sorry, I will try this other email client it defaults to HTML, but I have clicked on a setting that claims it will send as plain text. We will see. For work and general correspondence I can't use plain text as it is inadequate. Further, most places use web-forums not listservs anymore. :-) And so I really forgot the old listserv plaintext rules. I do apologize once again.

I cleared some of the errors in the syslog, by removing a video card from the system. The VM was created on the same hardware, when it was running under windows. Bullseye didn't seem to like the living with both an NVidia video adapter and an Intel i915. Once the Intel was gone, after yet another fresh install of evolution, the syslog error messages are gone but the primary issue regarding the failure to 'see' any new mail as it comes in, persists.

Maybe this forum is better for configuration issues and not debug of code. I don't know. You all can tell me. I don't need to waste bandwidth if this is the wrong place to be discussing this. All I do know is that I have an instance of evolution on a VM that works and an instance on the direct hardware that does not. The underlying hardware, now that the Intel video is gone, seems to be rock solid. No other software is misbehaving. I suspect I need a way to run a debug on the code during operation of evolution (if that was possible) and send that debug output to the developer (if that was possible).

That issue with Linux and applications, the concept that open source is better, is only true for the coders, not anyone else. It is why over the years even though all my servers ran Linux, I stayed with Windows on the desktop. Well, now, Windows is gone and I am on Linux 100%. Evolution isn't working. BlueMail, which I have been using as a daily replacement, is too limiting and causing problems even emailing back to this list. I am now on a search for yet another option for an email client and evolution remains my archive of my old contracts, contacts, correspondence and the rest.

[Parenthetically, the listserv is set up incorrectly. I ran listservs, some twenty something years ago, and the settings on return mail are backwards.]

[and in a homage to days long gone - and the loss of my normal sig file]
Mike Lieberman
Imagine whirled peas