Re: [Evolution] Connecting Evolution to an Exchange 2010 server

On 3/28/22 06:03, Ángel wrote:
On Thu, 2022-03-24 at 19:21 +0700, Frederic Muller wrote:
In the meantime are there any methods to test the server and find out
what it supports?

May I suggest https://www.ssllabs.com/ ?
I have a initial name mismatch, then going further validity is until Sun, 16 Mar 2025 which makes me feel a lot better ;-)

Key     RSA 1024 bits
Signature algorithm     SHA1withRSA

It's a self-signed certificate and there is nothing else.

Although a much better fix would be that they get the server cipher
fixed. If I remember right, TLS 1.2 can be enabled in that old IIS,
it's just an unchecked by default checkbox.

I ended up installing a Windows 10 version in Boxes to verify that only IE allows to go there, and even though, gives a big warning that the certificate is not ok, and one shouldn't go there.

Unfortunately it is a just a company my wife does some small tasks for and so far we haven't managed to convinced them to do anything about it.

Still more concerning, if such observable broken state has been that
way for so long, it probably didn't get security patched for proxylogon
and proxyshell vulnerabilities either, which basically means that if it
was exposed on the internet, it probably has been compromised and
abused for many months now (with cryptominers, to send malicious mails,
etc.).

Yes.... I hear you.

Thank you very much.

https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/remediating-microsoft-exchange-vulnerabilities
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/proxyshell-vulnerabilities-and-your-exchange-server/ba-p/2684705
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-exchange-servers-are-getting-hacked-via-proxyshell-exploits/

(I'm afraid this won't be too reassuring for you, sorry)

Regards