Re: [Evolution] Connecting Evolution to an Exchange 2010 server

On 3/23/22 15:05, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2022-03-23 at 14:22 +0700, Frederic Muller wrote:
which webmail no longer works due to some SSL certif configuration

        Hi,
as the subject says it's Exchange 2010, I suppose it's also an old
server, which doesn't support new-enough TLS algorithms. Those old,
currently considered insecure, algorithms can be disabled by the new
distributions. You can enable LEGACY algorithms/protocols by editing

    /etc/crypto-policies/config

and the running `update-crypto-policies`. Processes/machine restart
will help to spread the change into the applications.

Thank you. Did that. Webmail URL now gives 404 on http and on https says:
mail.domain.com uses an unsupported protocol ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

I read parts of the manual and installed evolution, evolution-mapi
(outdated?)

No no, the evolution-mapi is not outdated. It's left to connect to the
old Exchange servers.
Thank you for the clarification.

and evolution-ews (not sure if need that one).

If configured by the server, you can use both evolution-mapi and
evolution-ews. I would suggest to use evolution-ews, because it has
lighter dependencies. It is also affected by the crypto policies.

Evolution EWS gives me a URL to add put adding the webmail URL
doesn't work

The webmail URL is not the same as the EWS protocol URL. When creating
a new account, it's usually enough to edit the host name of the
prefilled URL (keeping the '/EWS/Exchange.asmx' path of the URL as is).

I tried the default one ie exchange.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx , mail.domain.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx and the same without Exchange.asmx. They all gave me this error: The reported error was "6 peer failed to perform TLS handshake. A packet with illegal or unsupported version was received."

Any further advice?

And thank you again.

Fred

The rest depends on the actual errors you see.
        Bye,
        Milan