Re: [Evolution] Connecting Evolution to an Exchange 2010 server

On Thu, 2022-03-24 at 19:21 +0700, Frederic Muller wrote:
In the meantime are there any methods to test the server and find out
what it supports?

May I suggest https://www.ssllabs.com/ ?

Although a much better fix would be that they get the server cipher
fixed. If I remember right, TLS 1.2 can be enabled in that old IIS,
it's just an unchecked by default checkbox.

Still more concerning, if such observable broken state has been that
way for so long, it probably didn't get security patched for proxylogon
and proxyshell vulnerabilities either, which basically means that if it
was exposed on the internet, it probably has been compromised and
abused for many months now (with cryptominers, to send malicious mails,
etc.).

https://www.cisa.gov/uscert/remediating-microsoft-exchange-vulnerabilities
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/proxyshell-vulnerabilities-and-your-exchange-server/ba-p/2684705
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-exchange-servers-are-getting-hacked-via-proxyshell-exploits/

(I'm afraid this won't be too reassuring for you, sorry)

Regards