Re: [Evolution] Signature not appended

On Sat, 2021-03-20 at 12:44 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I don't see anything in
   evolution->edit->preferences->Composer Preferences->Signature
to control which signature is the default.

The various relevant options in
   evolution->edit->preferences->Composer Preferences->General
don't seem to affect anything, probably because no signatures are
ever inserted.

That bit is just for creating various signatures. You can have
different default signatures for different accounts.  Hence the default
signature is determined at Preferences -> Mail Accounts -> Edit -> Identity

Quite right, though not at all where I expected.  The box controlling signatures (per account) is at
Preferences -> Mail Accounts -> Edit -> Identity -> Signature.
As you see, a sig now appears.

The only remaining problem is how to get the sig to appear in the default font (similar to Arial, but not the same) rather than Monospace.  My original sig generated HTML, which was appropriate at one time (the web page I was using for advice, https://www.cameratim.com/computing/linux/evolution-signatures, dates to 2007), but is evidently now not correct.  Is there a way to have evolution interpret the sig as HTML?

--
Sincerely: Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh pacbell net

		Do you ever feel thankful that you know me and have
		access to my dementia?  Explain and be prepared to
		discuss in class.