Re: [Evolution] Evo asking for password AGAIN ( also replying to Angel)

On 1/13/21 10:33 AM, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:

I do not know how you start the gnome-keyring-daemon, but for me it has
added arguments:  --daemonize --login
I suppose the --login is the important argument.

chris@localhost:~> gnome-keyring  --daemonize --login
usage: gnome-keyring command [options]
commands: certificate-exception
          import
          version
chris@localhost:~>

  Check the --help page
what it does and what the other options are, if you run it manually or
anyhow.

chris@localhost:~> gnome-keyring -help
usage: gnome-keyring command [options]
commands: certificate-exception
          import
          version
chris@localhost:~>

I do not know gnome-keyring internals at all. Maybe get rid of the
~/.local/share/keyrings/
directory (when the gnome-keyring-daemon is off),

How do you stop it and restart it?

  What I suggest
here are just nasty workarounds with bad consecutive side effects, like
loosing all your stored passwords.
I think that will be Okay because Evolution is the only Gnome app I use really.