Re: [Evolution] Evo asking for password AGAIN ( also replying to Angel)

On Wed, 2021-01-13 at 09:20 -0600, Christopher Marlow wrote:
evolution:23408): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: 09:19:28.470:
credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed to store source
credentials: Cannot create an item in a locked collection

        Hi,
okay. I decipher that error message as: "The keyring is locked". You
should unlock it first. As I said earlier, these things are shown in
the Seahorse.

I do not know how you start the gnome-keyring-daemon, but for me it has
added arguments:  --daemonize --login
I suppose the --login is the important argument. Check the --help page
what it does and what the other options are, if you run it manually or
anyhow.

I do not know gnome-keyring internals at all. Maybe get rid of the
~/.local/share/keyrings/
directory (when the gnome-keyring-daemon is off), then, when you start
it, it'll ask for a new password for the keyring. Having it the same as
your login password it may or may not unlock it after login. I really
do not know gnome-keyring, the less your environment. It only seems
like something happened to your keyring for some reason. What I suggest
here are just nasty workarounds with bad consecutive side effects, like
loosing all your stored passwords.

        Bye,
        Milan