Re: [Evolution] Evo asking for password AGAIN ( also replying to Angel)

On Tue, 2021-01-12 at 10:39 -0600, Christopher Marlow wrote:
I did not notice anything that says seahorse when I ran that command.

        Hi,
Seahorse is a separate application. Shown here as "Passwords and Keys"
in the applications list.

got auth type 'LOGIN'
got auth type 'PLAIN'
POP3_STREAM_LINE (END)

I guess it's the end of the log, right? Nothing more shown after you
close Evolution. That can be the evolution-source-registry failed to
talk to the gnome-keyring-deamon, or the password is just not there, in
the keyring.

You can run the source registry from a terminal:

   $ /usr/libexec/evolution-source-registry

(the actual path can differ in your distribution) and then run
evolution from another terminal. Check the source registry output
before/after the password prompt is shown (I'd try to enter a valid
password too). You can also run the source registry with ESR_DEBUG=1 ,
which will make it chatty. If you decide to share it in public, where
most of the things there might be useless for your case, you should be
careful what you provide. Even encoded blobs can contain sensitive
data.
        Bye,
        Milan