Re: [Evolution] Evo asking for password AGAIN

On Sun, 2021-01-10 at 13:49 -0600, Christopher Marlow wrote:
Yes I restarted.

        Hi,
you can check whether it is running when you run:

   $ ps ax | grep keyring

When I run it here I see as one of the lines:

     1289 ?        SLl    0:00 /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --daemonize --login

Which means it is running. The evolution-source-registry talks to it,
indirectly, through libsecret library. It can happen the keyring daemon
is restarted after the evolution-source-registry connects to it, which
can/could cause trouble, because libsecret doesn't/didn't handle this
case gracefully.

You might also make sure the keyring is unlocked after login. You can
check that with the seahorse application.

In case you see the gnome-keyring-daemon running and Evolution still
asking for the password, I'd try to run in a terminal:

   $ evolution --force-shutdown
   $ evolution

which will restart Evolution and the background evolution-data-server
processes. That may, kind of, prove whether you face any problem with
the keyring restart after login. There can be other issues with it too.
The seahorse may help to identify some of them.

You can also run the evolution-source-registry from a terminal. It can
show some runtime warnings there. This service is started whenever
anything needs it (through D-Bus), which should work similarly with the
gnome-keyring-daemon, +/- automatic unlock of the password keyring.

        Bye,
        Milan