Re: [Evolution] Evolution & onion-adress

On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 08:53 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Fri, 2020-07-24 at 15:03 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
I tried to, but the webpage says that "Please note that due to
spam,
new user registrations are disabled. " and I don't have any of the
supported accounts.

      Hi,
right, you might create an account there and use it to log into the
GNOME GitLab, which is kind of suboptimal. I filled an issue for you:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/237

Thanks. I explored this a bit further with the help of Wireshark. I
filtered on requests to the DNS server when I was setting up a new
collection account in Evolution. The proxy setting was that Evolution
Default Proxy Settings was at manual and pointing towards the local tor
proxy. During the discovery phase of the account setup there was zero
requests to the DNS server. But after it was done and I had pressed the
Finish button then I can see in Wireshark that there are DNS requests
for the onion address of my Nextcloud server. That is obviously a bug.
A DNS server can never resolve an onion address.

/Jerome