Re: [Evolution] Move mail to where?

On Mon, 2020-01-20 at 11:05 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Fri, 2020-01-17 at 17:21 +0100, George N. Reeke wrote:
is the next step to file a bug/enhancement
request and ask that when the dialog opens, only the last folder
and any folders above it in the tree should be open?

      Hi,
this changed behavior is a result of an enhancement request to always
expand all folders (to not derive folder expand state from the
current
view), in order to be able to access any folder while using
type-to-search. It's because collapsed folders cannot be accessed
with
type-to-search.
   ---rest trimmed---

Dear Milan et al.,
I think you don't understand:  I am using "type to search" as you are
calling it, not to select a folder, but to select a mailbox (not sure
that is the right word--I mean the lowest level in the copy/move menu
where I want to store emails from one sender) inside a folder.
In the past this has been much faster than mouse-scrolling.  Because
I have mailboxes with the same name in many folders in the folder tree,
I want type-to-search to look in only one folder (how chosen is a
separate question).  Now you tell me for the first time the current
behavior is not a bug, as I thought, but an enhancement some people
wanted.  So I think I need to file a new enhancement request that
asks for a preference item to open for "type-to-search" either all
folders or just one folder specified in the preference item.
   There is one other way that would let me go back to "type-to-search"
and that would be if the folders are always searched in some known
order, like alphabetically.  Then I could get what I want by renaming
my folders, for example "mailA2020", "mailB2019" etc.  Would that
always open "mailA2020" first for the search and return the first
box found in that folder that matched the typed string, if any?
[I will reply separately to the posting from Adam Tauno Williams]
   Thanks for your always thoughtful reply,  George Reeke