Re: [Evolution] [OT] Evolution setup

On Thu, 2020-08-20 at 21:40 +0200, Ángel wrote:
It depends a lot on communities. Some communities are forum-fans,
while

other are fans or mailing lists. There are some communities which
died

after moving from a mailing list format to a forum (while others

didn't).

In general, I would be very wary of changing the status-quo.

Yes I have experienced that (a community going through a difficult
patch after migrating), and migrating a large community to any new
system is always a hard thing requiring lots of handholding and mutual
support (I've been through that several times). Change is seldom easy.

I see that there is already an Evolution section in the Gnome Discourse
(https://discourse.gnome.org/tag/evolution), not particularly active as
yet, but I expect I will hang out there rather than here since it seems
more natural to me.

I hope some of you may look in from time to time, you don't have to
sign up to read stuff.

Perhaps the two systems can run in parallel, rather than forcing a
migration from one to the other.

Cheers
RogerCO