Re: [Evolution] Evolution Editor needs serious attention

On Thu, 2020-08-20 at 14:59 +0100, rogercreagh--- via evolution-list
wrote:
Already I have been told off for sending html mail to this list (which

as far as I am concerned is the normal default for email and there was

nothing I saw on joining the list to suggest that plain text was

required and top-posting was banned etc) -  if the list doesn't want

html email then the appropriate mailman setting should be turned on so

that it converts rich text to plain text at the server automatically

(and also an automatic welcome email which sets out all these rules

would help).

The list's welcome message for new subscribers states this explicitly:

   For general user discussion and mutual support related to the GNOME
   Evolution application.

   IMPORTANT: When posting questions always quote your version of
   Evolution (see Help->About). Please use plain text instead of HTML
   format. When replying, please do not top post. Thanks!

A similar text is given on the list's info page at: