Re: [Evolution] Evolution Editor needs serious attention

On Wed, 2020-08-19 at 11:05 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
Perhaps the developers could consider to drop HTML, in favour of

maintaining a better plain text editor.

I'm not sure if that is a tongue in cheek suggestion or serious.

If tongue in cheek then smiley, if serious then don't you think that
would be rather a retrograde step since almost every email these days
is html.

Already I have been told off for sending html mail to this list (which
as far as I am concerned is the normal default for email and there was
nothing I saw on joining the list to suggest that plain text was
required and top-posting was banned etc) -  if the list doesn't want
html email then the appropriate mailman setting should be turned on so
that it converts rich text to plain text at the server automatically
(and also an automatic welcome email which sets out all these rules
would help).

If Evolution was to join the ranks of obscure text only mail clients
then wouldn't it loose most of its userbase?

I'll assume it was a joke suggestion - but after the other comments
I've seen on here I'm worried that it might not be! Hence my reply; I
don't want to invest my time in transferring to a client that is going
back to the future.

Cheers
RogerCO