Re: [Evolution] How to automatically obtain PGP keys for e-mail recipients? (key discovery)

On Mon, 2019-10-14 at 22:00 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
The manual says to "use the left/right angles for exact matches on
email address", not really that being a "usual use" (I understand the
two as different things).

Right!

Unfortunately, I do not know how to debug whether the GnuPG tried to
fetch the address, maybe it did, but left there the angles, which
could result in "key not found" response from the key server.

I do not know if it did send an actual request to the key server. I did
the search for the string including the angle brackets through the web
interface of the key server I use and it found the key I was searching
for. This might be an indication that GnuPG did not accept the
statement of the user ID with angle brackets.

I'd suggest you to start a discussion on the GnuPG side. They may
shed some light on this.

I will. Do you know what is the most appropriate way? Next to the bug
tracker they have several mailing lists.

But first I am going to try a newer version of GnuPG. The one on Debian
"strech" is quite old.

David