Re: [Evolution] How to automatically obtain PGP keys for e-mail recipients? (key discovery)

Hi Milan,

thank you for your message.

On Mon, 2019-10-14 at 09:29 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Sat, 2019-10-12 at 11:38 +0200, David Hebbeker wrote:
*How can I configure my system such as when I compose an e-mail the
PGP key for the recipients are automatically retrieved from key
servers and added to my keyring?*

As long as you've configured gpg through its .conf file it should be
working.

I configured gpg through my configuration file [4] and tested the
settings using gpg directly in terminal.

Maybe except when correct gpg is called. The libcamel can still call
both gpg1 and gpg2, there's a setting for it in GSettings [1].

I used dconf-editor to set the binary path explicitly to the one used
in terminal.

        org.gnome.evolution-data-server.camel-gpg-binary

This had no effect.

The arguments being passed to the gpg are mentioned here [2]. Which
are used depends on the actual action. The encrypt part adds these
arguments [3] to those common.

I checked the arguments compiled by gpg_ctx_get_argv (assuming
`passwd_fd == -1` and `gpg->mode == GPG_CTX_MODE_ENCRYPT`). And tried
the resulting command successfully:

        gpg --verbose --no-secmem-warning --no-greeting --no-tty \
                --batch --yes --always-trust --encrypt --recipient \
                edward-en fsf org -u 6CBE7F49 --output - msg.txt

Is there any other possibility why the ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf [4] might not
be used by libcamel?

Thanks,
David

[4]: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2019-October/txtb2m