[Evolution] List Moderators Misc [Was: Performance Issues]

On Thu, 2016-05-26 at 13:50 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Yes and no. It's true that the list is restricted to subscribers (I
wrongly said it wasn't), however at present posts from non
-subscribers
are held for moderation without any immediate feedback to the
poster.
A question for the moderators: do you get many creationist nuts who
mistake the purpose of this list? (That alone is sufficient reason to
keep to subscribers only!)

I do not recall ever seeing such a message.  And I have been subscribed
to this list, effectively, since the dawn of time. :)

I live in western Michigan [United States] which has a lot of this
category of people, religious paramilitary groups, etc..  And I used to
present on Open Source all the time at various meetings.  Funny thing
is that the name "Evolution" never came up as something other than a
joke.

I for a long time anticipated someone freaking out about the name, but
it never happened.  Not even when it had the Ximian splash window with
the little monkey.  [anyone here remember "red-carpet"?]

Either by self-selected-demographic of who attends geekish meetings or
just obvious common sense it just isn't 'a thing'.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>