Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

On Thu, 2016-05-26 at 13:51 +0200, Marc Santhoff wrote:
On Mi, 2016-05-25 at 21:00 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 20:08 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

PS: My apologies, I first sent from a wrong account. It would be
nice
if Evo's list would use the mailman feature to chancel a post,
assumed
it was sent from the wrong account. Other lists use this mailman
feature. A user than can chose to wait for moderation or to
cancel
the
post.
The only way to do that is to restrict posting to list subscribers.
Currently that's not the policy. Non-subscribers are sent to
moderation
and normally approved unless they are spam.
That's the way it actually is. A short while ago I wanted to post 1
(in
words one) question to this list and got a mail back saying I *have*
subscribe to ask anything. I didn't keep it, dunno if that was
moderation - if so, what for? - or some kind of mail processor.

I didn't want to subscribe, but the question was too important.

Yes and no. It's true that the list is restricted to subscribers (I
wrongly said it wasn't), however at present posts from non-subscribers
are held for moderation without any immediate feedback to the poster.
Nearly all of these do get approval within a day or two at most,
however sometimes the moderator will reject the post, in which case you
would have received the reply you mention.

The proposed change is to always give feedback when the post is held,
which I think is reasonable.

An alternative is to automatically reject posts from non-subscribers
(with no moderation), but that's not currently on the table.

poc