Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

Hi,

actually all GTK3 apps start with a black box, before the widgets are
added. This is noticeable, but shouldn't take a second or more, but in
a split second, there is a visible black box, even on systems that
perform excellent. This doesn't happen with GTK2 or Qt or anything
else. It'sd a well known issue for GTK3.

Recommending to switch to GNOME, to get rid of performance issues is
grotesque, since a lot of machines can't run GNOME at all, because it
does cause that serious performance issues, since it requires a high
level of 3D acceleration.

I've got absolutely no performance issues when e.g. using Google earth,
even with real-time audio settings, but my computer becomes
unresponsive, if I try to run GNOME, even without real-time audio
settings. This is a well known issue, my computer isn't an exception.

It's plain wrong to recommend to switch from Xfce4 to GNOME, to get rid
of performance issues. GNOME has much higher requirements, than Xfce4
does have.

Regards,
Ralf