Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

El 2016-05-26 10:09, Pete Biggs escribió:

its still sluggish on the desktop though.

On my first pass, what I tried was enabling egl in clutter and mesa
and any dependencies that needed it.

No effect however.....i'm starting to suspect the xfce window
manager.

xfce itself should not be a problem - the issue will be the interaction
between installed components.

Can I once again suggest that you use a Live Distro that has a full
Gnome3 desktop to see how *your* machine performs in that environment.

Folks are running Evo with all sorts of DEs and XFCE is probably the most solid and stable DE around, so I would also doubt that it or its WM are the problem. I am no fan of Gnome3, but Evo is there by default and tightly integrated, so running Gnome in Live session may help narrow down the options.