Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

Hi Pete:

Thank you for the tips.
Yes, I am using GOA. I edit the settings using seahorse.

As my account uses the Google two step verification process (they send you an sms on your hand phone to authenticate you in addition to your password) I had to create an app password....which I did. This is what is used for Evolution. I can read the calendar and but not create one. I can[t read the contacts.

i tried turning off the Birthdays and Anniversaries everywhere I could find but it still throws this error:
Failed to open calendar 'Contacts : Birthdays & Anniversaries'
Invalid object

As to the performance, that one will likely be tricky as you've suggested.

I've rebuilt all my xf86 drivers, all the mesa stiff and confirmed i've got 3D accel working:
glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: Yes
    GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,
    GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,
OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TURKS (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.5.1)
    GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted, GL_ARB_conservative_depth,
    GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil,
    GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted, GL_ARB_conservative_depth,
    GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance,
    GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap, GL_OES_get_program_binary, GL_OES_mapbuffer,

So at least I know that is not the problem.

Will keep banging away at it and see where it takes us.

I'm going to try two things....
Rebuild with spamassissin excluded,
Uninstall all the gnome2 libraries and packages I have....there might be something there causing the issues.

Cheers,
John