Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

Everyone, especially Milan...SUCCESS!!!!!

There was a chap over on the Gentoo forums that was very wise in gentoo-fu that showed me a portage 'hack' on how to install gnome-control-centre WITHOUT having to switch my machine to systemd. This man was wise which is why I honour the gentoo forum.

After that I brought up seahorse and deleted my google accounts from there. Fired up the gnome-control-centre and ran the goa applet, went to the google section, had my phone generate a PIN for the second tier authentication and voila! Full address book functionality etc...

The evolution-data-server-addressbook back end is chewing lots of CPU at the moment but that is I assume because its syncing ~11,000 entries to my machine for the first time....will let it chew for 30 minutes or so before I declare it to be a problem.

Now, onto the performance issues which I will pursue in a different reply.

Address book SOLVED.

Cheers,
John