Re: [Evolution] Performance Issues

its still sluggish on the desktop though.

On my first pass, what I tried was enabling egl in clutter and mesa
and any dependencies that needed it.

No effect however.....i'm starting to suspect the xfce window
manager.

xfce itself should not be a problem - the issue will be the interaction
between installed components.

Can I once again suggest that you use a Live Distro that has a full
Gnome3 desktop to see how *your* machine performs in that environment.
As we've been told, Gnome doesn't work very well and is horribly slow
on *every* computer, but it would be a good test to see what the
performance is like when Evolution is working in it's designed
environment.  Probably the best one would be FedoraLive. You can run it
from DVD or a USB flash drive and it will not touch your installed
system - you do not have to install it so it won't be a matter of
switching to Gnome permanently, it's just a test. As with all Live
distros, it relies heavily on caching so for the first ten minutes or
so the whole system will be sluggish, but once the necessary bits are
cached it will run at a reasonable speed.

P.