Re: [Evolution] how to move mails and configs to a new machine

On Tue, 2016-03-29 at 19:30 +0200, mario chiari wrote:
On Mon, 2016-03-28 at 11:54 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Mon, 2016-03-28 at 12:29 +0200, mario chiari wrote:
I am not sure it really matters.
It really does. If either side is modifying files while they're
being copied, the results are unpredictable.
How could that happen? I mean, my Evo does not download/upload/ship
or whatever anything, if I do not ask to do so. Are there other tasks
I  am not aware of?

There are services [like desktop daemons] which may have files open.
And editing open files, especially if they are opened mmap, will make a
mess.
Why not do a backup/restore?  If you open Evolution with an empty
config, like the first time on a new machine, it prompts if you want to
restore a backup file.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383