Re: [Evolution] Send mail and “read” indication to Thunderbird

On Sat, 2016-07-23 at 14:26 -0700, grooster wrote:
The popularity of IMAP might explain why full export capacity is not always
available.

AFAIK there simply isn't a standard way of representing this
information in an intermediate format. The IMAP protocol does define
certain flags to be associated with messages, but of course these are
held by the IMAP server so there's no problem.

I don't want to get into yet another POP vs IMAP debate, but I'll just
restate my opinion that with modern platforms and network
infrastructure there is no circumstance in which POP is a better choice
if both are available and properly supported.

poc