Re: [Evolution] Send mail and “read” indication to Thunderbird

Thank you guys for helping me to understand.

“it's usual to quote the part of the message you're commenting on”
Ok, will try to do that.  A friend suggested to use “read-status”.

I thought the meta-data were stored in a separate file.  It’s evident in
mbox format by the files paired with actual mbox files.  It’s not as clear
in maildir format with individual files for each message and coded
filenames; though, it makes sense.  My Evolution install is maildir, and TB
is mbox (both by default, from memory), but I didn’t realize that could
contribute to the loss of “read-status” (not really sure).

People need to transfer mail between clients for many reasons, but maybe it
is not common after all to transform and transfer the meta-data with the
mail?  It seems strange.  Aren’t the metadata like a lookup table: message
list, read-status, highlight color, priority...?  It seems like users would
have developed all manner of such transforms and made them widely available
unless or until they could be incorporated into the clients themselves.
Wish I had those skills.

A related aside:
Are the terms Copy, Save as, and Backup interchangeable?
Is “Archive” similar, but it also implies compression?
Does “Export” imply doing some sort of data transform?  I recognize that
Evolution doesn’t claim an “export” function.