Re: [Evolution] Send mail and “read” indication to Thunderbird

On Sat, 2016-07-23 at 12:02 -0700, grooster wrote:
People need to transfer mail between clients for many reasons

That people share/sync mails on different devices and mail clients is
true. It's even possible to do this using POP accounts.

If people need to sync data between completely different mail clients,
then they usually tend to prefer IMAP over POP accounts.

I'm using POP accounts, even with absolutely different clients. Sync
between equal clients, app and version of app, allows to sync
everything, but as soon as you're using different MUAs at least
read/unread info, labels etc. gets lost. It's possible to keep the mails
on the server and to download the same mails by completely different
MUAs, but this doesn't sync read/unread.

To sync the read status seemingly even could cause issues when using
IMAP, but at least it seems to be possible, even when not using equal
mailers.

Even if two versions of Evolution would share the same config and mail,
either by POP or IMAP, there could be issues regarding features, that
are simply not provided by both releases.

However, while I'm not a friend of IMAP, I suspect for your needs IMAP
likely would be the better choice.

Regards,
Ralf