Re: [Evolution] [OT] Mailing list filters

On Sat, 2015-03-14 at 12:02 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sat, 2015-03-14 at 09:49 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
And I would STRONGLY refute your assertion that HTML is prevalent these
days - less than about 5% of the emails I receive (that aren't spam) are
HTML.

Same here, but I don't know if anyone really knows. Most of my mail in
terms of numbers of messages comes through lists such as this one, in
which HTML is strongly discouraged. Most of the rest is from people
using some kind of webmail, or an app on their phone, and that tends to
be in the form of rich text. Not much is HTML aside from marketing.

Most mails I receive are from Linux and FreeBSD mailing lists and less
of them are HTML formatted, most are plain text. Most private mails I
receive from people who aren't geeks, are HTML formatted, less are plain
text or RTF.

My guess is that HTML is prevalent, but that doesn't mean that it's
good. I share incoming mails by Evolution and Claws. I set up claws to
only display plain text, but since sometimes important HTML mails are
hard to read in plain text, I allow Evolution to display HTML. However,
I set up Evolution to _never_ allow to load images from the Internet.