Re: [Evolution] compile my own --- in addition to: Authentication Issues with Exchange Web Services

On Jun 9, 2015 21:51, "Paul Smith" <paul mad-scientist net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 20:38 +0200, Roy Reese wrote:
> > Version numbers at the moment exaggerate the situation a bit given
> > that version numbers in Evo were changed to match Gnome.
>
> Although you're right that Evo in Ubuntu 15.04 is only one version
> behind the latest, it's misleading because Evo only made that one
> release in the last year.
>
> The Evo currently available in Ubuntu has a number of known and
> already-fixed bugs, unfortunately, even though it's the latest 3.12
> version.

The thing is that 3.16 has webkit composer (proper html editing) and more enhanced EWS support than 3.12. For my use case, I use evolution as its the best and proper Exchange Server supporting client out there, and 3.16 is the minimum I can accept due to those 2 reasons above.

Emre