Re: [Evolution] Why does not copy & paste work in separate monitor setup?

On Wed, 2015-07-15 at 12:48 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
On 15.07.2015 12:18, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2015-07-15 at 10:45 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
Finally, can I just check that you are running two separate X
servers
on the two monitors and not just spanning your desktop across two
screens?

Well, when I say I am using two separate X screens I am.... :)

That doesn't answer the question. You can run a single X server across
multiple monitors, or a separate X server on each, monitor. It makes a
difference.

poc

I thought that it did since my statement negates that I am running X
that is spanning my desktop across two screens... But to clarify, I have
one monitor at $DISPLAY :0.0 and one at $DISPLAY at :0.1.

OK, so you are running a single X server controlling two screens
(multiple X servers would be called :0.0, :1.0, etc.).  These
distinctions are subtle but important.

What I suggest you do is to install some form of clipboard manager -
clipit, parcellite, etc. - and then you can see what's actually being
cut and where the problem is.

P.