Re: [Evolution] Why does not copy & paste work in separate monitor setup?

On Wed, 2015-07-15 at 06:34 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:15:38 +0100
Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:

On Tue, 2015-07-14 at 21:06 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
I have two monitors that is setup as two separate X screens and I run
Evolution on one screen. But if I need to copy any text from
Evolution to the
other monitor, that is not possible... I have to paste it into
something else running on the same monitor as Evolution and then copy
again from this
application. Then I can paste it in the other monitor..

FWIW, I run two monitors under Red Hat EL 6.6 with Evolution 2.32.3
and various components of gnome with numbers in the 2.28.x range.
I do not experience the problem described by Mr. Johansen, so this
was OK at least with earlier versions of evolution.
I have an NVIDIA graphics chip and use the NVIDIA Linux driver,
version 340.65 with the two separate X sessions mode as in the
original posting.  My suggestion would be that investigation
should center on the video driver and whether it is up to date,
as at least with NVIDIA there have been various bugs...
All the best,
George Reeke