Re: [Evolution] Configuration problem -- perhaps some instructions would help

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 22:44 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

Again, the information I need is how to take the files you can
download for 3.16.3 and make a working program.  If someone would
point me in the right direction, I am willing to give it a try.

All I can do is to re-iterate what I said in reply to another message
in this thread:

    If you have 3.16.x already installed, then it must already have
many of
    the correct libraries.  You will need the devel (or whatever your
    distro calls them) versions as well to get the header files.
 Then just
    download the evolution and evolution-data-server tar balls,
unpack them
    and run configure. Note all the failed dependencies, sort those
out,
    rinse, repeat.

I'm sure there's some options to apt-get that automatically satisfies
the build requirements of a package, but I'm not a
Debian/Ubuntu/whatever user.
Im pretty sure this is the ppa referenced:
https://launchpad.net/~fta/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3

If you want to compile yourself go to:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution get the source and read the
README
"apt-get build-dep evolution" might help with dependencies.

Good luck!
Dean.