Re: [Evolution] Configuration problem -- perhaps some instructions would help

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm on Mint 17.1 Cinnamon and Evolution 3.10.4,
which is fine except for the problem that I get error messages on
sending, forcing a few retries, which is no real bother when I'm sat
here, but the automatic forwarding of e-mails to my mobile when I'm not,
then becomes unreliable.

I'd posted about that before, and was told that the problem had been
solved on a later release. I continued to live with the situation until
eventually I snapped and thought I'd try compiling it ... with the end
result (after some time in dependency hell :-) ) being where I am now.

I'm one of those people that hated Unity when it came out; hence the
jump to Mint. I still go back and try it now and then, but I still can't
get on with it. Regarding Gnome 3 ... It looks like I'll have to sit
back and wait for Ubuntu to embrace Gnome 3 properly and see where it
goes ... and struggle in the mean time.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.