Re: [Evolution] Migrate data from 2.28,3 to 3.10.4

Pete, thanks for your patience and very complete reply. I'll see if I can work my way through the details in the post you quoted. I'm just a user of the computer with very slight understanding of the hard & software structures; and I'm too long in the tooth / short in the mental stamina (capacity?), to imagine ever catching up :(.

Because IMAP mail is held on a server somewhere so you don't have to
worry about migrating the data to a new version.

I do understand that but since I haven't been using it, it would be of no help now in migrating my existing data, most of which resides only on my machine. Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks again,
Alexander.