[Evolution] Migrate data from 2.28,3 to 3.10.4

I've searched the web and posted on the Mint forum but haven't found an answer to my query. Upgrading from Mint 9 to Mint 17, I need to save the data from Evolution 2.28.3 and get it into the newer 3.10.4 but I believe the formats are different. I'm afraid the backup/restore functions may not work. If someone can tell me whether they will work, or how to do this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Alexander