Re: [Evolution] Evolution is dying

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 23:18 -0400, Robert Seward wrote:
I believe the best advice you have received on this list was from
refdoc gmx net to install:
 -  getmail and/or offlineimap

Assumed the OP wants to use IMAP.

I prefer to use Evolution with it's integrated POP/SMPT support and I
hope the Evolution developers some day will seriously care about
POP/SMPT and remove all the annoyances. In worst cases I use an editor
and sent mails with msmtp. It's possible to use msmtp with Evolution
instead of Evolution's thingy, but I don't do that.

[rocketmouse archlinux ~]$ ls -hAl /usr/bin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 5 Mar 18 05:22 /usr/bin/sendmail -> msmtp
[rocketmouse archlinux ~]$ cat .msmtprc
# Set default values for all following accounts.
defaults
tls_trust_file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
logfile ~/.msmtp.log

# Alice
account spinymouse
host out.alice-dsl.net
from ralf mardorf alice-dsl net
user ralf mardorf alice-dsl net
auth         plain
tls          on
tls_starttls on

password [snip]

# Set a default account
account default : spinymouse

Writing a mails with an editor does look like this: