Re: [Evolution] Evolution is dying

Hi Jimmy,

Please see my comments inline per mail group netiquette.

On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 20:45 -0500, Jimmy Montague wrote:
Thank you, Pete Biggs. I appreciate your direction to the gizmo.
Unfortunately I see it's for versions 13, and I'm running version 14.04

So it's thanks but no thanks until they update it.

I believe the best advice you have received on this list was from
refdoc gmx net to install:
 -  getmail and/or offlineimap

I have used fetchmail in the past with Evolution. This is easier than it
sounds. You create a config file for fetchmail, getmail or offlinemap
with one or more accounts you wish to fetch from.

These programs pull the mail down to a local mail spool file. In most
cases Evolution will find this local mail file easily and you should
have access to your mail.

You may need to write a simple script to put in your local cron
settings. This will fetch the mail on a periodic basis. Or you can do as
I did and run it when you want to check your e-mail.

All this may sound harder than it is. Feel free to contact me, if you
would like to give this a quick shot.

You can probably find more directed advise on an Ubuntu mailing list.

By the way I have seen this "ask for a password until infinity" from
Evolution on many occasions. Usually I see this on my Google mail
servers, but it goes away after an hour or so.

Best of luck.
Rob

-

Jimmy