From: "Adam Tauno Williams" <awilliam whitemice org>
To: <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: [Evolution] Evolution is dying
Date: Tue, May 27, 2014 21:06

On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 14:47 -0500, Jimmy Montague wrote:
> Hi all. Maybe I'm in the wrong place because my machine runs Ubuntu.
> But I did install evolution as my default mailer, and I gotta say I fell
> in love with it right away.
> Now, a week later, I booted evolution this morning and found that it
> doesn't remember any of my email passwords. I remembered them fine just
> yesterday but not this morning. I had to enter a dozen passwords into
> evolution one at a time, as it demanded them from me. I didn't mind that
> so much but, when it checked my mail again, an hour later, it wanted all
> the passwords AGAIN.
> I can't live like that. What can I do to fix it?

Short answer or long?

Short answer: Use a stable distribution.  GNOME is broken on Ubuntu,
they perform no QC and change things willy-nilly.

Long answer:  you are probably having under-the-covers NetworkManager
and GNOME key-ring issues.  See the short answer.  But check your
diagnostic longs and see if there are any related errors.  It might be
that will tell you something useful.

I use Evolution 7 days a week all day - I do not see these kinds of
issues.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383