Re: [Evolution] Evolution is dying

I got rid of my old Ubuntu box. I dug into my closet -- excuse me, my computer lab -- and came out with a little Gateway Windoze 8 machine that I bought new and never used because I found that Windoze 8 gives me herpes.

Anyway, I tore the thing apart, formatted the hard drive, reset the bios, put it all back together and loaded in Mageia Linux 4. I used the Gnome interface, as was suggested here yesterday.

Certain I was now chopping tall cotton, I booted Evolution and set up an email account. That's when I found out that the problem was worse than before. Evolution can lose passwords faster than I can type them in. I fought with it for about two hours. Then I got pissed off, deleted Evolution and Mageia 4, reinstalled Ubuntu Linux and Thunderbird, and the problem went away (I thought).

That was 8 hours ago. I just now booted the machine and tried to check my email, but Thunderbird had lost -- not just the password, but the account itself. I had to create another one just like the other one so I could come over here and cry on you guys again.

Have I maybe got a virus of some kind on my home network? I don't think so because my landlady has a Windoze 7 machine in her bedroom, on this same network, and she doesn't have any problems. My own Windoze 7 machine -- right here beside me -- doesn't have any problem.

Has anybody ever seen a mess like this in the history of the world? If you have, please let me know. FWIW, I'm typing this message now on my Gateway/Ubuntu/Thunderbird machine after I recreated the account that it lost during my 8-hour absence from the keyboard.

Thanks for any advice, observations, etc. I've never had anything like this happen to me before -- and I been a Windoze guy since 1989, when I was a DOS/Windoze guy, and had my share of problems with Microsoft over the years.

Now maybe some are going to think or say that I'm full of POOPOO and these things aren't really happening. I'm only here because I'm a Windoze troll raising hell with the Linux people. But it ain't so. I'm here because I'm REALLY STUMPED.

Jimmy