Re: [Evolution] Semi-OT: How to run evolution without gnome-session?

Yes, I can by supporting something that can be better in due time, and
that's OpenRC, why don't you update yourself on that piece of software.
(it does not use cgroups, that's one advantage for example)

According to the various websites, it does use cgroups ...

My take on these things is that yes, something like systemd is
different, there is a learning curve, but it's there and I'll get used
to it eventually - it's like Gnome 3, it was different, I bit the bullet
and got on with using it, now I get incredibly frustrated using anything
else and I find the Gnome 2 systems I use feel quite "old".

But this is Linux we're talking about.  Nothing is set in stone.  You
are right that you should be supporting a system that you think is
better, that's what open systems are all about.  It is not for me or
anyone else to say "you are wrong", equally, it's not for you to say
that I or RedHat or Canonical are wrong.  They are decisions, time will
tell which path gets the greatest traction.

And this is way far off topic for the Evolution list!

P.