Re: [Evolution] Semi-OT: How to run evolution without gnome-session?

On Sat, 2014-02-15 at 20:09 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
I really hope there are sufficiently many people opposing systemd

You are using Debian, right? For Debian this decision already was made.
Jessie = systemd. Maybe Gentoo has enough people to keep
SysVinit/initscripts for a while, other than that Ubuntu does use
upstart. I suspect you won't find that many distros that fit to you
needs and still come with SysVinit/initscripts.

I dislike that my father died, but he died. You and I will die too.
SysVinit/initscripts is dead. It doesn't matter if you or I like it,
it's a fact. You're only wasting your own lifetime, if you hope that
this isn't reality. It already happened. I dislike systemd, but nobody
cares. There are much more worse things that could happen, than systemd.

I wasted my power and I understand that you are willing to "fight", but
the "war" already is lost. You're wasting your energy for nothing.

You can't stop systemd, it has got is drawbacks, but the only things you
should care about are the advantages.