Re: [Evolution] How to run evolution without gnome-session?

On Sat, 2014-02-15 at 14:30 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

For me evo starts, but does not connect to internet at all, the link is
up and other applications works, e.g. iceweasel and apt??

So you need to start Evo with some debugging variables set so you can
see more of what's happening and why it's not retrieving mail.  See info
at

 https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging

The only message of interest is?
** (evolution:13636): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket
/tmp/dbus-KviD8yWNAI: Connection refused
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
(but I think I saw this before removing a lot of gnome packages, too)

All other messages relate to SQL:
(Is there a lock file somewhere to remove?)
I can send the whole log file if needed, but it is very large, 226kB.

Camel SQL Exec:
INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Deletes (uid, mailbox, time) SELECT uid,
'.#evolution/Junk', str
ftime("%s", 'now') FROM '.#evolution/Junk'
Error in SQL EXEC statement: INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Deletes (uid,
mailbox, time) SELECT uid, '.#evolution/Junk', strftime("%s", 'now')
FROM '.#evolution/Junk' [no such table: .#evolution/Junk].
Camel SQL Exec:
DELETE FROM folders WHERE folder_name = '.#evolution/Junk'
Camel SQL Exec:
DROP TABLE '.#evolution/Junk'
Error in SQL EXEC statement: DROP TABLE '.#evolution/Junk'  [no such
table: .#evolution/Junk].
Camel SQL Exec:
DROP TABLE '.#evolution/Junk_bodystructure'
Error in SQL EXEC statement: DROP TABLE '.#evolution/Junk_bodystructure'
[no such table: .#evolution/Junk_bodystructure].