Re: [Evolution] How to run evolution without gnome-session?

On Sat, 2014-02-15 at 15:48 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

The only message of interest is?
** (evolution:13636): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket
/tmp/dbus-KviD8yWNAI: Connection refused
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
(but I think I saw this before removing a lot of gnome packages, too)

To get rid of those messages make sure that dbus is running and that you
have libcanberra-gtk-module installed.  But I don't think the messages
are fatal.

It is installed, and dbus is running, still
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

I have three mail accounts, two imap, one imap+, none works-> no
internet connection.

 CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution >& logfile

and that will print out just the imap chatter.

Inlined below, nothing special
** (evolution:13781): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-KviD8yWNAI: Connection refused
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

(evolution:13781): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

** (evolution-alarm-notify:13819): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to
accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-KviD8yWNAI:
Connection refused
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_read: buffer is '* OK IMAP4 PROXY server ready
'
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_write: 'A00000 CAPABILITY
'
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_read: buffer is '* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS
IDLE LOGIN-REFERRALS NAMESPACE QUOTA CHILDREN AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=PLAIN
AUTH=DIGEST-MD5
'
[imapx:A] camel_imapx_read: buffer is 'A00000 OK capabilities listed
'
[imapx:B] camel_imapx_read: buffer is '* OK Gimap ready for requests
from 130.237.20.66 y10if628418lal.192
'
[imapx:B] camel_imapx_write: 'B00001 CAPABILITY
'
[imapx:C] camel_imapx_read: buffer is '* OK The Microsoft Exchange IMAP4
service is ready.
'
[imapx:C] camel_imapx_write: 'C00002 CAPABILITY
'
[imapx:C] camel_imapx_read: buffer is '* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1
AUTH=NTLM AUTH=GSSAPI AUTH=PLAIN UIDPLUS CHILDREN IDLE NAMESPACE LITERAL
+
C00002 OK CAPABILITY completed.
'
[imapx:B] camel_imapx_read: buffer is '* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT
IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 XYZZY SASL-IR
AUTH=XOAUTH AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN
B00001 OK Thats all she wrote! y10if628418lal.192
'
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

Out of interest it's not something simple like Evo being set to offline
working? (File -> Work Offline ticked or the network icon in the bottom
left broken open.)  I know you don't like network manager, but sometimes
if Evo can't get an answer from NM it assumes no network and goes
offline - it certainly used to do that, but I thought it had been fixed.

Well it is not marked offline, I've toggled it several times. BTW: I
think the problems happened even before removing network manager. It's
related to gnome: could it be policykit-1-gnome, it is no longer
installed?