[Evolution] found location of evo in Ubuntu 14.04

On 04/26/2014 07:52 AM, Swarup wrote:

On 04/26/2014 06:43 AM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Sorry for top-posting! :(  I've tried to trim to compensate for it a bit.

Swarup, have you run updates and rebooted at least once?  Event the 14.04 has a lot of updates already.  Also were the file-permissions ok on the compressed back-up?  Sometimes copying files around can mess up the permissions.

Also a lot of programs are moving their configs into a sub-folder
/home/user-name/.config
although there is also a lot in
/home/user-name/.cache
/home/user-name/.gconf/apps
/home/user-name/.gnome?
I just looked in all these places. There are evo folders in the .cache and .config locations. The .cache one looked more promising, as it has a mail folder and an address folder. But I although I have mail in my inbox, I could not find any mail at all in that mail folder-- which made me doubt that this is the folder I am in search of. Could this be the proper folder? Here is the pathway:

/home/swarup/.cache/evolution/mail

In addition to the mail folder, there are folders labeled addressbook, calendar, memos, sources, and tasks. This looks like the real think, doesn't it? But inside the mail folder there is only a trash folder. No inbox, no outbox or anything containing any mail.

I found where it is located, for any interested. There are various evo folders indeed to be found in the locations mentioned above by Tom, but here is where the actual evo mail, address books etc is:

/home/swarup/.local/share/evolution