Re: [Evolution] Removing Ubuntu 9.04, Installing 14.04. How to move Evo?

On 23 April 2014 14:11, Swarup <dinbandhu sprynet com> wrote:
This is what I could not understood. If the browser window is not to be
pointed at Gmail, then what is it to be pointed at?
The browser is completely irrelevant once you've configured your Gmail
account to use IMAP. You can do everything else using Evo.

I'm travelling at the moment so can't really answer the rest of your
queries in detail, but I see Pete and Milan among others are filling
in the gaps. I'd just add that the throttling applied by Google has
nothing to so with the total amount of mail but of how much you send
at once (I did mention it before if you care to look back at previous
replies). This is the reason I prefer to use ImapSync for large
amounts of mail. Not because it's inherently faster but because it's
easier to start and stop without losing track of where you are.
Ok, I see-- thanks very much. That is helpful.

At this point I've installed Ubuntu 14.04 and have started up evolution, putting in my email account info and so forth. I've received mail to the account. I tried using the compressed backup to restore all the mail etc, but it froze evo when I tried. Did it twice, and it happened both times. I would like to try populating the .evolution with my mail and address book, and see what happens. The problem is, that I looked in the home folder for the .evolution folder which contains all the mail etc, but it isn't there. Very surprising, as once an evo account is created and used, that is always where it was located in the past. Do I need to look somewhere else for it?

Swarup